System Software Lab (SS lab) at University of Seoul is conducting researches
on the system software for embedded computing systems. Main research areas
include real-time systems, industrial informatics, and multimedia. Industrial
practitioners and students who are interested in our studies are always
welcomed. Please contact Prof. Sung for further
Recently, mechanical systems are rapidly integrating with information
technologies. SSlab studies IT-mechanical systems with a focus on following
- Open software platform for industrial automation.
- System software for real-time systems.
This project deals with the development of an emotional messenger for
automated recognition and expression of emotions for smart phones and IPTVs.
- Automated emotion recognition from chat texts
- Facial expression tracking and animcation (using Visage technologies)
- Paper accepted for IEEE trans. Consumer Electronics, 2015
- "Machine-Learning-Integrated Load Scheduling for Reduced Peak Power Demand"
- Paper published on KSME trans. 2014
- "Evaluation of EtherCAT Clock Synchronization inDistributed Control
Systems", Transactions of the KSME A
- KSME magazine article 2013
- "IT융합 산업자동화를 위한 오픈소스의 활용", pdf
- Paper presented at IEEE ETFA 2013
- "An Open-source Development Environment for Industrial Automation with
EtherCAT and PLCopen Motion Control"
- Collaborating with Beremiz team, France, 2012.
- Beremiz is a free software framework for automation. With Beremiz, you
can automate industrial process, take any processor into a PLC, and
create customizable human interfaces. SSlab is collaborating with Beremiz
team. Visit Beremiz site.
- Moodle site opened, Mar. 2012.
- Moodle is an open-sourced course management system. A moodle site is now open.
Permission to use, copy,
modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and
without fee or royalty is hereby granted, provided that the full text of the MIT and INRIA Copyright
Statement appears with all copies of the software and
documentation or portions thereof, including modifications that you make.